Welcome to the Garden Ninja Gardening Forum! If you have a gardening question that you can't find answers to then ask below to seek help from the Garden Ninja army! Please make your garden questions as specific and detailed as possible so the community can provide comprehensive answers in the online forum below.

Welcome to the ultimate beginner gardening and garden design forum! Where no gardening question is too silly or obvious. This online gardening forum is run by Lee Burkhill, the Garden Ninja from BBC 1's Garden Rescue and a trusted group of experienced gardeners.

Whether you are a beginner or an expert gardener, it's a safe place to ask garden-related questions for garden design or planting. If you have a problem in your garden or need help, this is the Garden Forum for you!

Garden Ninja forum ask a question

Posting Rules: This space is open for all garden-related questions. Please be polite, courteous and respectful. If you wouldn't say it to your mum's face, then don't post it here. Please don't promote, sell, link spam or advertise here. Please don't ask for 'cheeky' full Garden redesigns here. They will be deleted.

If you need a garden design service, please use this page to book a design consultation. I will block anyone who breaks these rules or is discourteous to the Garden Ninja Community.

Join the forum below with your gardening questions!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hi All

I’m Jason, I’m new to gardening and this site, currently renovating a bungalow with a large garden which is a blank canvas, I’m wanting to make the garden an extension of the house and have outdoor living spaces plus grow my own veg. I’m a complete novice so any advice appreciated 

Hi Jason

Welcome to the Garden Ninja community!

If you’ve got a blank canvas then this guide for a new build garden should help. 

https://youtu.be/eirIFBYPA7A

If you want tailored advice you can always book an online consultation with me here. 

All the best with your exciting opportunity! 

Lee

hi

If you want tailored advice you can always book an online consultation with me here. 

Hello Jason,

There's not much better advice coming than from Lee, especially as you have a blank canvas garden, this giving you  opportunity of tieing it in with your renovation.

Regarding the garden, some of it just requires a bit of common sense, but with some know how tied in. You don't want to plant Hostas and Astillbes where the only plant that will grow in that space is a Cactus, you don't want to construct a pond under a tree. Also it's good to get advice on your garden aspect, sunny areas shade, soil type etc. you want your veg growing in the best area for maximum yield, do you want you patio to be in full sun or part shade, depending upon what time of day your going to use it?

When you get into the gardening I'm sure all will fall into place, and plenty of assistance from the forum.

Hope all goes well.

Bob

Online garden design courses

Share this now!