Welcome to the Garden Ninja Gardening Forum! If you have a gardening question that you can't find answers to then ask below to seek help from the Garden Ninja army! Please make your garden questions as specific and detailed as possible so the community can provide comprehensive answers in the online forum below.

Welcome to the ultimate beginner gardening and garden design forum! Where no gardening question is too silly or obvious. This online gardening forum is run by Lee Burkhill, the Garden Ninja from BBC 1's Garden Rescue and a trusted group of experienced gardeners.

Whether you are a beginner or an expert gardener, it's a safe place to ask garden-related questions for garden design or planting. If you have a problem in your garden or need help, this is the Garden Forum for you!

Garden Ninja forum ask a question

Posting Rules: This space is open for all garden-related questions. Please be polite, courteous and respectful. If you wouldn't say it to your mum's face, then don't post it here. Please don't promote, sell, link spam or advertise here. Please don't ask for 'cheeky' full Garden redesigns here. They will be deleted.

If you need a garden design service, please use this page to book a design consultation. I will block anyone who breaks these rules or is discourteous to the Garden Ninja Community.

Join the forum below with your gardening questions!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hiya 🙂

I just wanted to introduce myself, and say a kind 'ello to all the fellow gardeners out there. I have been gardening for the past 30 odd years, but still have a lot to learn - this is why I love Lee's channel. I have an experimental garden in south Nottinghamshire, where plants that are slug resistant can stay andthrive (blue hostas/ ferns) , but none can remain which are not slug resistant (delphiniums etc) - they just get chomped up (I have pets so do not use slug pellets or chemicals).

I have x2 dogs, one of which is a Romanian Mioritic Shepherd, one year old, who has taken up all of my lawn, so will be rotavating and micro-clovering in the next couple of weeks. The wisteria is out in full bloom - very early, and the bee's are having a field day with the Honesty, which is also out, and the fig tree is doing very well this year for the first time. I have a Robin who likes to sit on my shoulder whilst I put his mealworms out in the morning. He is now known as 'Bobbin'.

Dahlias going in soon, tomatos, and sweet peas (sweet pea is the the nick-name that my late partner gave me, so they will be taking pride of place in his honour), and the Forget me not's have mixed in well with the purple tulips and foxgloves in the front garden. Will be looking out for some shuttlecock ferns to fill a few gaps (once I've taken out the old black currant bush). Ebay special probably...

I wish you all well, and hope to ask some questions in the future for your advice and knowledge.

Cheers, Pea x

Welcome, Pea! Hope you enjoy being on here… All the best, Sue ? (Lee’s Standby Nan) 

Peaspeculiars has reacted to this post.
Peaspeculiars
Online garden design courses

Share this now!